Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: Once Upon a Princess

Once Upon a Princess Once Upon a Princess by Clare Lydon
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

This is the love story of Olivia (aka Charlie) and Rosie. Olivia's a Princess and Rosie's a cafe owner. Olivia's running from her life of royal rules. She's being required to marry (I won't say forced because she's a grown ass woman and she could say no to marriage). Rosie becomes a happy distraction.

I wasn't taken in by this story. Several times I could simply walk away. Probably because the characters just didn't work for me. "Charlie" carries herself as an independent, strong willed, ex-army officer, but she's going along with an arranged marriage because it's what's expected of her.
Rosie was smart and independent too but it took Charlie to solve all her problems. Amy, Rosie's Ex, was portrayed as a jealous lover then at the end she's all that is good. I didn't "like" these women. They didn't make me want to care for them. The story lasted longer than it needed, I stopped being invested half way through and just kept reading in hopes that it would get better. It didn't.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment