Thursday, February 18, 2010

Secrets revealed!

Wow what a week and it's only Thursday! I have the world's best husband and I am thoroughly spoiled. My Valentine's day included lunch out without the kids, new fancy "Shape up" shoes, a stack of double A batteries for lots of new toys, flowers , teddy bear, candy, and my super secret gift he's been working on for weeks: a cabin in Blue Ridge! He had planned this trip for weeks - giving me little hints, such as we need hats, gloves, coats, and bathing suits. We arrived midday Monday and "Oh Wow!" echoed throughout the lodge. The kids and I were in awe at all the fun that this cabin held: pool table, poker table, Foosball, Air Hockey, Hot Tub, Outdoor Fire place(you press the button by the back door and the fire place turns on!), Rocking chairs on the back porch facing the mountains, porch swings, X-box w/ lots of games,Game cube w/ lots of games, extensive DVD collection w/surround sound, not to mention the view of the beautiful North Georgia Mountains PLUS two days of snow!!! It was colder than a witch's titty but it made the run from the door to the hot tub that much more fun! We spent three very relaxing days hanging out, doing absolutely nothing but being a family. We went for walks in the snow, had family pool tournaments, enjoyed movie nights - even visited the local cinema and we were the ONLY people in the entire theater! We had a rule of eating only at local restaurants not major chains, so we enjoyed the flavor of the town. Got lost a few times which caused a few tears and a whole lot of laughter. All in all it was a wonderful trip with lots of realizations - like I can live happily without a computer for days and that maybe my online addiction isn't as bad as I thought it was. Another plus - I got over my reader's block with a great Karen Hawkin's book.

My last Valentine gift is on Friday - we're going to Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain!

Here are a few Pictures of our week:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Valentine Flowers

5 comments:

  1. How awesome! It seems as though you are truly blessed Jennifer! What a beautiful family you have. Enjoy every minute of it! I have learned over the years that the expensive cars break down, the huge homes are more to clean but the best things in life is the moments you spent with your family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful, fun trip. I'm glad you had such a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Family,

    This is our cabin rental you stayed at! I receive Google Alerts for certain words and one is "North Georgia Mountains". Thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about Deer Pine Lodge. Your last name is a color and I wont' say which one. My husband and I tried to think of everything our guests would want and need at our cabins. We have children also, so we made our cabins very child-friendly so the kids would have fun times too. Thank you for the link plug and mentioning our website on your right column: "Best Cabins in Blue Ridge!" By you adding our entire website url with Best Cabins in Blue Ridge, that will help our website rank and indexing. Again, we are sooo happy that you and your children had a wonderful time. My husband will tear up when he reads your blog. This shows us that our hard work was well worth it with our cabins. Please visit our cabins again! You were a wonderful family and we would love to have you stay with us again. Owners, Marian & Rich - http://www.cabinsplusmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have an exceptional time! Whenever the news mentions snow in the mountains the kids ask if we can go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you quite possibly have the best husband in the world ; )

    ReplyDelete