Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's all in Perspective

Yesterday my 7 - year-old daughter asked me when we were moving. I answered that it would be in about 3 months or so. Her response was a loud "YES!" and she did a little happy dance. I was quite perplexed because I knew she wasn't happy that we are moving. I guess my confusion showed on my face because she explained the "Three months is a LONG time!" then danced out the room. I had to smile. In my world three months is a very short time. Three months is over in the blink of an eye. But to a child, three months is practically a life time. Three months is an endless summer. Three months is the amount of time that has passed since Christmas and we all know it's been FOREVER since Christmas. Three months is how much longer until her birthday and those never come around fast enough. So from now on I'll think like a child - I have forever until I have to move and I'll be happy everyday until then!

1 comment: