Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Review: Protecting Caroline

Protecting Caroline Protecting Caroline by Susan Stoker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There was so much potential but it fell so flat.

I really wanted to like the characters. I actually still would like to know what happens to the others on his team. The problem is we don't get to know the characters well. Caroline spends more time in the company of terrorist than with Matthew / Wolf. It's hard to believe their relationship is real when they never spend time together. Her "I'm so plain that no one even notices me" self esteem issues is annoying. The switching of the names to nicknames is also very confusing / annoying. I almost had to make a map of who is who.

Second time this week I've had to say this: It is never ok to slut shame in romance novels. Why are the women in the bar, who are acting like the men in the bar, skanks and bitches?

PS - If you're looking for heat, look elsewhere. There is no sex in this book (How can there be when they're barely around each other and when they are, she's always injured).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment