Friday, August 3, 2018

Review: Sing My Name

Sing My Name Sing My Name by Ellen O'Connell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

That story was about 200 pages too long. It was tedious. There were times I admit I had to skim and even skip over it. There was just too much trials and tribulations. Dear Lord! Job, himself, didn't have to deal with half the stuff these two endured. It would have been a great story if it was just the first quarter - them surviving through the Texas wilderness. That would have been a great read. But throw in the trial and prison and whorehouse and endless jobs and years of separation and judgmental town folk and gun fights and crazy friends and cattle robbing and then finally coming together. Wow. It was just too much. Also, this author has it something hard with fat people. They are never described well and the fear Sarah has at being plumb, chubby, or fat is insane.

I would not recommend this story to anyone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment