Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: How the Dukes Stole Christmas

How the Dukes Stole Christmas How the Dukes Stole Christmas by Tessa Dare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overall, it was a 3.5 but I rounded up.

My favorite of the stories was "Meet Me in Mayfair" by Tessa Dare
Louisa and James' story was sweet and perfect. I so enjoyed their romp through Mayfair. Their quick romance was believable and perfect.

My least favorite of the stories was "The Duke of Christmas Present" by Sarah MacLean
Eben and Jacqueline - Oh, how I dislike Jack. I don't like when boundaries aren't respected. When he asked her (and eventually everyone else) to leave and his requests were completely ignored, that irked me. They were best friends as children, grew up and fell in love, then when he started focusing on rebuilding a dukedom destroyed by his father, she left him. Her choice. Years later, she regrets leaving and comes back but makes him out as the bad guy for the years of sadness they both experienced. I didn't feel it.

"Heiress Alone" by Sophie Jordan
Annis and Calder - I love a good left behind story and this is a good one! Her family forgets her, leaves her behind in a Scottish castle (Yes, please!), Calder, the not so friendly neighbor, saves her from the threat of bandits. Their romance is quick but believable and very hot!

"Christmas in Central Park" by Joanna Shupe
Rose and Duke - This one was a miss for me. The "love" just didn't feel believable and the sex scene when he thought she was married was odd.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment