- I no longer hear the words ICU and flippantly think "Oh someone is in the hospital"; no, now I know that it means someone is near death and families are praying for a miracle.
- I no longer get that kid like wonder of seeing a lifeflight helicopter; instead I think someone is racing that flight to the hospital in hopes of saying goodbye.
- I have an appreciation for long halls and twisting turns in hospitals - gives you plenty of places to stop and cry.
- Cappuccino Blasts and Krispy Kreme Donuts are for fighting sleep and fear
- Give Blood - it makes you feel like you're helping when there is nothing else you can do
- Sometimes praying for a miracle (and receiving it), is the worst thing you can do.
Confused by this post? - Read ICU and it will all make sense